Today I’m talking to Dr Alexis Shields. She is a physician and she offers a really interesting productized consulting service where she takes a personalized approach to optimizing your health.
We talk about how she works with entrepreneurs, athletes and companies. Basically she does some blood work, then analyze your results, and then on an ongoing basis optimize for energy, focus, and overall health and reducing risks for chronic conditions. It’s a really interesting way to deliver this health and wellness service.
Of course we dig a lot into health and wellness, tips and topics we should be focused on while running our businesses. We need to be healthy to run our businesses.
[3:22] How Dr Alexis is being able to give transparency to her practice by productizing her services.
- “In the US, through lab wholesalers, is possible to get the more affordable and more comprehensive lab tests than you can outside of the US.”
[13:59] How diet and physical activity reflects on our blood markers and influence our energy and productivity.
[15:22] Best customers and how she finds them. Patients vs clients. How she came to this kind of business model and focused on blood work.
- “My best clients are the ones who are highly motivated to make changes, and want to science-back and track [their progress].”
- “There’s very defined ways that your body start behaving before chronic diseases happen.”
[24:03] Diet. Two most important topics for 2018. A rule of thumb to keeping hydrated.
[29:54] How to keep in the trail and avoid going off the path when under stress.
- “You should be building up the resiliency of your body so it can handle short deviations, [which are completely normal]. It’s not black or white thinking.”
- “It’s important to work with coaches. You have to keep on track.”
[33:22] Beyond blood metrics. Sleep quality, productivity, energy, gut health, libido.