Janet followed a similar path to the one that I took and I think, many people in the Productize Course have taken.
She left her full-time job, then went freelancing on her own doing generalized consulting work. Finally she transitioned pretty quickly to a productized service model which has allowed her to grow and scale up her team.
Janet discuss the importance to focus on her most ideal costumer and how important is the on-boarding process.
[1:36] Details of Janet’s product. One-time project vs recurring. Tools used.
- “My clients call me the course midwife.”
- “Clickfunnels comes as a great an entry point: is what people think they need, but then once they get in they are ‘Oh, I don’t know if this is what I really needed‘.”
[13:47] How Janet came with the idea of helping entrepreneurs create better courses after purchasing low quality ones.
- “It’s my job to make sure I’m working with the right clients, because it’s my job to make sure the people I work with want to create something that really, truly, helps someone get to an outcome.”
- “People didn’t know how to put what they wanted to say onto paper.”
[27:09] From coaching services to a done-for-you product. Why Janet avoids selling marketing services.
[37:57] YouTube as a marketing channel and keeping a small team.
- “If you want to bring a new team member you have to be prepared to train them.”